Our bedroom’s before and after is similar to the office and guest room. Paint, paint, paint! The biggest difference in this room was painting the ceiling, which was very gray. Painting it white again made the room feel enormous and clean.
We painted the walls Behr Parachute Silk. It look a lot of work to cover up that green. The curtains are custom, a generous gift from B’s parents. The fabric is Braemore Gorgeous Pearl. Master Bathroom Before:
The master bathroom is where we spent the majority of our reno time and effort. We removed wallpaper…
The bookshelf is custom built by B. He retrofitted an Ikea Billy bookshelf to utilize this space near the tub. (The shelf is mounted to the wall for safety.) We couldn’t find a suitable faucet for the tub, so we couldn’t replace it. The handles for the tub are set on an angle, and every pair we found would hang over the edge of the tub, so we had to let that detail go. The light fixtures, faucets, and door hardware were all replaced. The wall color is Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray. (Reverie Pewter, which is in the office, looked purple in this room! Just goes to show how important light is in determining how your paint looks.)
Out of all the rooms we’ve done, this is the one I’m most proud of. We didn’t do crazy things in updating this home. We freshened on a tight budget, but we were able to add some charm and character to the master bathroom. The beadboard was time consuming to do (especially while working full time), but I still love it.
A summary of what we did:
- Painted ceilings, walls, doors, and trim.
- Replaced the outlets and light switches.
- Replaced the floor in the bathroom; steam cleaned the bedroom’s carpet.
- Installed beadboard and custom built-ins in the bathroom.
- Replaced the light fixtures and door hardware.
That’s it for the interior of the house! We’ll take a look outside next, and then…we’re done!