To continue our before-and-after fun, here’s the living room and foyer. We didn’t do much to the living room, mainly because it is what it is and didn’t need much. But here it is, all the same.
Before, with the previous owners’ things:
The wall color actually looks better in these photos than it did in person. In person, it looked just like mint chocolate chip ice cream. My favorite kind of ice cream, but not a great wall color. And after:
The wall color here is Behr’s Wax Sculpture.This is a good shot of the gallery wall we created. (Info here and here.) We have really enjoyed that wall. We take things in and out of the frames as the mood strikes. It was sooo much cheaper than finding a big piece of art to fill that space. The dining table is actually a hand-me-down from B’s parents. If I’m not mistaken, it was their first dining room table set, and now we have it! 🙂
And the foyer before:
What we did:
- Repainted walls and trim.
- Repainted the fireplace mantle.
- Figured out (this took research!) how to get the crayon off the marble fireplace surround.
- Replaced the lights in the dining area and foyer.
- Added a light to the overhead fan in the living room.
- Frosted the glass windows on either side of the front door.