It’s been a while since we last did a before and after of the house, hasn’t it? Sometimes it’s fun to see how far we’ve come with the town home, because it can be easy to forget on a day-to-day basis. Without further ado, the kitchen!
Here’s where we started.
This wall color could be described best as puke. It had a very gray + yellow + green vibe going on. B couldn’t stand how yellowed the crown molding was in comparison to the cabinets.This microwave is the same one that eventually went sour on us. Of course, it’s death allowed us to do two things: open up the area over the stove (to code) and add a nice glass shelf for spices.And the after:
Note to self: Clean your stuff off the chair before taking pictures, Self! And what’s with the wonky hanger anyway? Why don’t I see this stuff when I’m actually taking the photo? The island was a fantastic addition from Ikea. Worth every penny! Wall color: Wedgewood Gray by Benjamin Moore. So here’s a recap of what we did in this room:
- Painted the walls and trim.
- Replaced the microwave with a ventless range hood.
- Installed a glass shelf over the stove.
- Replaced the appliances (a generous gift from B’s parents!).
- Installed a light in the sitting area.
What we didn’t do/haven’t done yet:
- Replaced the countertops.
- Replaced the light over the island.
- Installed lighting under the cabinets.
Next recap: the living room. Stay tuned!