Believe it or not, we actually have been working on the house since we last posted. We haven’t gone on a spur-of-the-moment vacation or anything. We’ve just been really lazy about posting photos. And kind of lazy about taking said photos, too.
So here’s a rundown of what we’ve done since our last post, sans photos. Those’ll have to come later.
- Switched out the ugly light going up the staircase for a new one snagged on sale at Lowe’s.
- Pretty much finished repairing the walls in the powder room and repainting them (again).
- Painted the guest room–and it looks so good! Goodbye to the dark, drab gray.
- Drawn up preliminary plans for screening in the porch out back.
- Done lots of research on building the patio out back. Decided we have expensive taste in patio stone (boo), but also deciding we didn’t want to do the job half-arsed.
- Redid the guest bath, by accident! We hadn’t planned to do anything but repaint, but once we did that, I wasn’t sure I liked it. Rather than jump to “we need to repaint” status immediately, we decided to go out and find some bathroom essentials to see what we could do to like the paint color, since we had, after all, liked the sample swatch before we bought the paint. A few essentials later (shower curtain, floor mat, towels), and we’re loving it. Oh yeah, and B installed a new light fixture because the other one was only working halfway.
- Bought a new faucet for the powder room, also unplanned. We happened to be in Lowe’s and saw their clearance stack, and there was the faucet we’ve been wanting, marked down almost 50%! We had to take advantage of that. Photos will come once it’s installed!